Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Young Women Christmas Progressive Dinner


As it is now January I finally have a free moment to write about our Christmas doings. For the Young Women of our ward (as I am the Young Women President), normally we would take our girls out to dinner but this year we wanted to switch it up and we decided to do a progressive dinner. 

We started out at one of my counselors homes. We had a Hot Chocolate Bar. There was all sorts of toppings to go into the hot chocolate. Toffee bits, chocolate chips, candy canes, marshmallows, and whipped cream.



At each of the homes we went to I wanted to do something a little something. The first house we told the story of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. We had a hand out for each of the houses as well (which we gave to the girls at the end of the night so they wouldn't get distracted by them or leave them some place). This first one is Grinch Pills. Green tic tacs with a little saying to go along with them.
Feeling kinda grouch? Holiday spirit can't be found?
Just try these little Grinch pills they're the best medicine around.
Either eating a whole handful or munching one or two.
These tasty little pills take the Grinch right out of you.


The next house we had a very Yummy dinner. The lady in our ward that did it for us was the old YW president and she out did herself and everything was wonderful. We had dinner of ham, potatoes, veggies, bread.  She served us and we didn't have to do a thing. 

 For the part of the dinner that I was going to do, but she asked if she could do it, was tell the story of the Christmas symbols. You can find the story here. She made up for each of the girls a little bag that had each of the items in the story and the story all typed up. It was very cute.


 I didn't know she was making the little bags for the girls so I made this little hand out to go along with it. Candy cane lollipops. I put directions on how to make these on my cooking blog. Candy Cane Lollipops


The last house of the night was dessert. We had Cheesecake. After the girls finished eating, my first counselor gave a little lesson on giving gifts to the savior not only during the Christmas season but all year long. She gave them a white stocking and had them write Jesus name on it. Then on a note card write a couple of things they could do to give a gift to the savior. She than showed a Nativity Video.



This was the little hand out for that night. Are you part of the INN Crowd or are you one of the STABLE few?

The girls all seemed to have a good night and went home with lots of things to look back on. I hope they got something out of the night. It was a fun night and I look forward to doing something like this next year.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Wow, what a great activity. They will remember it for a long time!

amy said...

You are awesome!