I thought I would make my wreath for the front door this year. I love pinterest and I found this on there. It is a twisted wood wreath base with fake Poinsettias in it. I ended up using 4 bunches of the flowers. I thought it gave the door a nice touch of color.
We also found on Pinterest this cute hair do for Taelyn. We did it on Christmas eve day. She thought it was really cool. Kaisey did it for her. She put her hair up in a sock bun, then bobby pinned all the loose pieces in. We then had some sticky googly eyes, brown pipe cleaner antlers, and a Mr. Potato head Nose. Everybody that saw it loved it.
We always have Christmas eve at Grandpa Skippers house. It is pot luck and everybody brings something. Kaisey wanted to make something this year and found this on Pinterest as well. A Very Veggie Christmas Tree. It was a foam cone that we covered in plastic wrap and then hot glued it to a platter. You can see what veggies we used but you could use whatever ones you liked.
I also made a Cranberry Cheesecake. From what I was told it was very good. I made it for our ward Christmas Party. I had to work and didn't get there until after it was all gone. I might have to make another one so I can see what it tastes like.
David and I were invited to a Christmas party and I was asked to make a dessert. I came up with this little number. A Snickers Cheesecake. Very Yummy!
We also went caroling with the youth one Wednesday. We all brought cookies shared for the houses we went to. These are the cookies we brought. The reindeer cookie I saw on pinterest. It is a gingerbread boy cookie turned upside down and decorated like a reindeer. I thought it was pretty clever. If I make them again I would make the brown icing a little darker.

No comments:
Post a Comment