My Brother and sister gave me an idea. As my parents are on a mission for the next 18 months in Guatemala, I thought I would try and write something at least once a week of what is going on here. I am not that good at writing letters so hopefully I can keep this up at least with something.
This week we had our Young Women in Excellence at church. Our theme for the year was Happily Ever After. We listened to a talk by President Uchtdorf, http://lds.org/general-conference/2010/04/your-happily-ever-after?lang=eng&query=happily+ever+after . We then had the girls talk about a fairy tale character that went along with a value and how that character showed the characteristics of that value. We had them color the picutres the week before and we had them hung up around the cutral hall. Bailey chose Wendy from Peter Pan to show Good works. Kaisey talked on the Importance of the Personal progress program to have your Happily Ever after. We ended the night with a slide show of pictures of the activities we had through out the year. For dessert we had a cheesecake bar. A new york style cheesecake with 8 different toppings. A different topping for each of the values. We had Faith-Whip Cream. Divine Nature-Blueberries. Individual Worth-Strawberries. Knowledge-Kiwi. Choice and Accountablity-Peaches. Good Works- Candied Lemon Peel. Intergity-blackberries. Virtue-Caramel. The activity turned out wonderful and the girls had a fun time.
This weekend the girls had some friends over so I thought that it would be fun to make some Taffy. I haven't made taffy since I was a little girl and I think we only made it once or twice then. It is relatively easy to make. Just Sugar, corn suryp, water, salt and some flavoring. I did all the cooking part and then when it was ready the girls and I pulled it till it was ready.

1 comment:
We are looking forward hearing from you each week!
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment