Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Popcorn

For St. Patricks Day this year I thought I would make green popcorn. I have never made colored popcorn before, except for caramel popcorn. It was easy to make and very yummy. I found the recipe on Kraftrecipes.com.
Jell-O Rainbow Popcorn

8 cups popped popcorn
1 cup cocktail peanuts (I didn't add them)
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3 Tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup firmly packe light brown sugar or granulated sugar
1 package (4 serving size) Jell-O, any flavor

Preheat oven to 300. Line baking pan 15x10x1 with foil or wax paper. Toss popcorn and peanuts in large bowl. Set aside.
Place butter and syrup in small saucepan; cook on low heat until butter is melted. Add sugar and gelatin; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Pour immediately over popcorn mixture; toss to coat well. Spread into prepared pan, using 2 forks to spread evenly.
Bake 10 minutes. Cool. Remove from pan. Break into small pieces.

Makes about 16, 1/2 cup servings

1 comment:

Kristen said...

YUMMY!!!! I miss all your yummy concoctions! Looks delicious!