Saturday, February 14, 2009

Wedding

I got married! It was a weekend of fun and family. It started out on Friday (2/6) when my mom and sister in laws and a friend from church and I all went over to the church to decorate. It took about 3 or so hours, but when it was done it was beautiful. These were the centerpieces. That night family started to arrive. I had Family from North Carolina come, my sisters from Texas and Wisconsin with their families. My brothers from here and my brother from PA all come to the wedding. The next day (2/7) was wedding day. It started out with a wedding breakfast. David and my families got together at the church and had a wonderful breakfast of eggs, fruit and muffins. All very yummy.
After the breakfast we had to start getting ready for the wedding. Mom came over to help with doing Kaisey and my hair as I couldn't quite reach the back of my head. I did the little girls hair. Here is Bailey waiting for me to get hers done.
We got to the church about an hour before the wedding so we could get pictures. Here is one of all the family that was there. It was from my sister in laws camera and it was set in black and white for some reason. Its a great picture though. We got almost all the kids looking forward.
Here David and I are cutting the cake. It was so good. It was a cheesecake wedding cake. Each layer was a different flavor. We cut into the bottom layer which was a Lemon pudding cheesecake. It was very very good.
We teased each other about stuffing it in each others faces, but in the end we did not do it. Later that afternoon though we were eating and tried it again and this time he got it up my nose. I was blowing cheesecake from my nose the rest of the day. The happy couple. The family. Maddox had enough of the all the pictures so he just sat down. It was very cute.

This is my handsome son. All the kids and cousins decorated our car. They all had a fun time doing it. Before we left to go to Nashville for our Honeymoon we took all the balloons off. As we were driving people would honk and wave to us as they past. It was a wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

Kathy P said...

So happy for you Laurie!!! Your family is beautiful!

All the best on a lovely life!

Amy said...

looks like it was a beautiful wedding. i like the colors you chose. and the girls dresses.

Janet said...

I'm so glad we could be there. Everything was lovely and you both looked so happy! Everyone here is very happy for you. It's time something good happened for you.

Violet said...

Congrats Laurie!!! I am so happy for you! Everything looked so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Laurie. I was so happy when I heard the news. And so happy Jenny keeps me updated with everyone from her blog!!!