Monday, January 19, 2009

Grandma's Funeral

I was able to go out to Utah in January for my Grandma's Funeral. I am so thankful that my Sister in Law was able to watch all of my kids. Thank you so much! I flew out of Memphis and had one stop in Phoenix, AZ then on to Salt Lake City. It was a beautiful day in SLC when I got there. I went a visited Katie (a cousin), then drove down to Orem. I then went and visited with Mom, Jeff, Carl and Jenny. I stayed with Holly's Inlaws (the Ropers) while I was out there. They were so kind to let me stay with them. The next day I drove Mom around as she had things she needed to get done and no car. It is then it started snowing. It snowed for 2 days. This is my rental car one morning. I only got stuck once, in the Ropers driveway.
The funeral was very nice. The grandkids sang two songs, and my Aunts and Uncles did beautiful remberances of their mother. I directed the music. Remind me not to do that again. I cried through all the songs as I was leading them. This was all the grandsons that were there that could help.After the funeral the Family all went back to the church for some more visiting and lunch. It was fun to see all the cousins I hadn't seen in such a long time. Here we are singing one of the favorite songs that we all loved from Grandma.
Gunk Gunk went the old Mr. Bull Frog
Gunk Gunk went the lady Froggy too.
Gunk Gunk went the both of them together
and their eyes went goo goo goo.
Then they started kissing (kissing sounds)
Like the way the froggys do
When he said "Goodbye"
she said "O My"
Gunk Gunk I Love you too.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Glad you had an enjoyable (yet hard) time. I didn't know you did Gunk Gunk. That cracks me up.