Instead of making a bunch of posts of what we have been up to, here are some of the things we have done in the last few months.
 |
| McKay graduated High School |
 |
| Maddox graduated 5th grade. |
 |
| Youth Conference.This year we had a combined youth conference with 3 other stakes. There were over 500 people there. It was all about sharing the gospel through social media. We had classes on how to do it. We broke into groups and each group had to make a video to share on YouTube. There was a 2 hour time where everyone was sharing things about the church on twitter, instagram, facebook, pinterest for part of an LDSShareExpo. Elder Parker came and spoke to us as well. Of course there was dancing and other fun things to do. |
 |
| 4th of July. We went to the Local park with the Skipper family. We had a picnic and took over one edge of the pier that was down by the water. The Night was beautiful, wonderful fireworks,and the company wasn't bad either. |
Bailey was in the Southport 4th of July Parade again this year. I went along as a Band Mom to help out. It was hot but not as hot as other years. There was a nice little breeze. They did an awesome job.
 |
| Girls Camp. I got to go as the Young Women President and I was also over the 2 year level girls. I have been with all my girls in this level, which means I have also gone on the 5 mile hike they have to go on. I have been to Girls Camp with my girls now for 8 years. I do love going with them and making memories with them. Bailey was a 1st year YCL, and Taelyn was a 2nd year, which means I have at least another 4 years if she goes till her second year YCL. |
 |
| Bailey's 16th Birthday. She didn't really want a party so we just celebrated quietly here at home. We did go to Chic-fil-a for dinner. Her FAVORITE food. It just so happened that it was also cow appreciation day so dress like a cow get free chicken, so we did. |
 |
| This little boy loves to read the Calvin and Hobbs comic books that we have. So I found this pattern on Pinterest You can find it here. I hand sewed the whole thing. The stripes were the worst part because I had to have him all sewn together so I go put them on. But he loves his new Hobbs. |
 |
| My parents came to town. They came and helped me around the house and to spend sometime with the kids. One afternoon we went to the beach. It was BEAUTIFUL! The water was just right, the air was just right, everything was great. The kids had a blast and got to fly the kites that Grandma and Grandpa had brought for them. We were there for a couple of hours but the tide started to come in and kinda took our spot, so we went home. It was a fun afternoon though. |
 |
| We were also able to go see the PIANO GUYS!! They came to the Raleigh area and I found some cheap tickets so we went. It was Me, Kaisey, Tim (Kaisey's Boyfriend) Bailey and Taelyn. The ticket said "rain or shine" well it rained during the concert. It wasn't a heavy rain just a heavy misty rain just to make everything wet and make us all wet. But it was a GREAT concert. |
No comments:
Post a Comment